Try these waist exercises to gain a more defined waistline. Sure, if you don’t have much of a waist, you can fake it with wide black belts and other ‘clever dressing’ methods, but that's just hiding the problem!
Waist improvement exercise
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and hold your arms straight out in front of you with your hands clasped.
- Imagine a brick wall directly in front of you at hip level and bend forward at the waist and ‘hang over’ the wall.
- Turn your body towards your right foot and, in one movement, continue up until your hands are in the 12.00 position.
- Now hang over the wall again and this time turn your body towards your left foot and repeat.
- Keep your thighs, buttocks and stomach tight throughout.
- Slow movements are beneficial.
- Aim to keep this exercise up for 3 or 4 minutes.
Return from Waist Exercises to Toning for Women
Return from Waist Exercises to Stay Young Home Page