Lower Ab Exercises
Lower Abdomen exercise
For all lower ab exercises, you will need a mat.
- Lie down on a mat with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- It is vital to keep your back in its natural alignment when lying down - the bones of the spine must not be forced into a flat and unnatural position.
- Place your fingertips either at your ears or on the tops of your shoulders.
- Do not grasp at them as this would be cheating by using your arm muscles to lift yourself up during the exercise, and you won't get the benefit from it.
- Lift your head and upper torso off the floor, making sure you are coming up from the shoulders only.
- You should not feel your lower abdomen at all but you will feel your upper abdomen working instantly.
- Hold this for a second or two and then return to the floor slowly.
- Do not jerk and remember to breathe. You should breathe out on exertion and in during the time you are returning to the mat.
- Start with 20 repetitions and work your way up. Once you are doing 50 comfortably, there is no need to go further. 50 repetitions will give your abdomen all the work it needs to stay super taught.
Return from Lower Ab Exercises to Toning for Women
Return to Stay Young Home Page