Wave goodbye to Bingo Wings!
Bingo wings, or flabby loose skin under the arms, is a problem encountered by many women as they get older - and you don't have to be overweight to get them. During the ageing process, our skin loses elasticity making it sag, including the upper arms, and fat naturally accumulates here too.
My favourite remedy for this is to get into the habit of wearing light weights around your wrists when you are doing your housework. This will tone up your arms as your muscles will be working harder. You'll also burn more calories too. Here’s a related exercise you should try:
Bingo wings exercise
- Sit on the edge of your bed or a very sturdy chair.
- Place your hands either side, with your fingers facing forward and hanging over the edge.
- Walk your feet out so that your hips and bottom come off the chair and then slowly lower yourself down until you are a few inches away from the floor.
- Now push yourself up again.
- Throughout, you should keep your elbows as close to your sides as you can.
If you have never done this before, aim for 5 a day but it won't be long until you are up to 10 or more per day.
Return from Bingo Wings to Toning for Women
Return from Bingo Wings to Stay Young Home Page
- Now move your hands over to the outside edge of the chair and do the same thing.
- Keep your elbows as close to your body as possible - that’s where the benefit is.
- Stay close to the chair if you’re new to this.
- Remember to hold your stomach in and BREATHE!
- As you get better at this exercise you will be able to inch your feet further away from the chair.